Clio is the most widely used ILL Management System available today. Over 800 institutions have purchased Clio based upon recommendations from other ILL professionals and workshops on improving ILL operations. Clio is used in 48 states, the District of Columbia, Canada, England, Scotland and Wales.
Clio is a complete ILL management system for the new world of information. We develop our software using the best technology available and employ the newest standards to assure compatibility with other systems that are state of the art. One tool handles all resources - your staff can handle everything through one interface!
- Clio makes the transition to a paperless office a reality rather than a dream.
- It has reduced number entry to a bare minimum.
- It is easy to use - the Human Interface follows the latest guidelines and is gentle to people.
- It is flexible - you may alter its behavior to support your workflow, not the other way around.
- It supports your staff by automating most routine tasks and allowing easy interaction with external systems.
- It supports management with extensive built in statistics and reports (many designed by real live users, not programmers!) that allow you to get immediate answers to your questions. If the question is not one of the "usual" questions, a few simple clicks to retrieve the data of interest and a push of a button will export the data to Excel where you may analyze it further.
- It is compatible with OCLC. Requests may be submitted via the DirectRequest method. Clio can communicate directly with OCLC over the internet to send and receive update messages. Watch the video embedded below for an in-depth look at the most common way Clio users produce new requests with OCLC in a "mediated request" fashion.
- It is fully compatible with NLM Docline.
- And most of all it is affordable. You may install our software on as many workstations as you want as long as they share one database. Our annual service and support fees are minimal and include all software updates, technical support, and help in getting the most out of Clio.
We have a giant list of many of ClioBasic's features and capabilities if you'd like to read more, or just get in touch with us today to schedule a demo. The video below is the first in our series of demo videos that we will make available on our website. It details the most common way Clio users screen new borrowing requests and produce them with OCLC. The tool for this job is ClioRequest, which is part of the ClioBasic package.
This video should be visible above for all Windows users, though since it is a rather large file it may take a minute before it starts playing. If you are a Mac user and are unable to see the video, a free plugin is available that will allow you to play Windows Media files.