Clio Software produces two Interlibrary Loan Management software
packages, our New Clio System and ClioBasic. Before we get into the details of each, let's cover some basics:
- Clio is designed for all types of libraries: academic,
medical, public, law, corporate, inside the US and beyond.
- Clio is sold as a site license, meaning you are free to
install and use it on as many computers as you wish.
- At the heart of Clio is a Microsoft Access database.
For Clio to function, you need to have Access installed on all
the workstations where you would like to use it.
- The ClioBasic package includes staff-use applications that
provide all the ILL management and reporting tools that any
- The New Clio System adds some components to those included in
ClioBasic. These additional pieces are designed to
integrate your Clio ILL operations into your library's website.
The ClioWeb component allows your library's patrons to check on
the status of all of their ILL requests, pick up PDF documents,
and perform basically any other interaction they might wish to
have with ILL staff via your website, thus saving time, labor